Puppy/Adolescent Dog Training – One to One’s
Why choose a one-to-one session for your young dog?
- One-to-one’s may better fit into your lifestyle
- You may have particular needs or lifestyle choices for your dog, for instance, you may want to practice around livestock or in town or want your dog to relax in a cafe’
- Maybe you completed your puppy classes but your dog has some minor behaviour problems* you want help with
- (*please note, if I deem a behaviour problem to be a major one, I will require a behaviour consultation at the price above)
So, what kind of things are included in puppy/adolescent training? You may want to address:
As standard we will cover:
- breed appropriate play
- loose-lead walking
- What was That??
- general relationship building
Prices: £230 for six – one hour lessons (plus .45p mileage beyond 10mi from Haxby, York)
Family Dog/Child Safety One-to-One’s
If you have a family, I can help to improve the safety of your children around dogs by:
- Teaching your children safe and respectful behaviour around dogs
- Helping the whole family learn how to read dog body language using the Hey Dog! Let’s Talk!
- What was that?? – teaching your dog to cope with the rough and tumble of family life
- Helping your children become important to your dog – this will be fun!
- Giving your dog choices – why this is important when the safety of children is concerned
Preparing your home and your dog before the baby arrives is the ideal time to do it. I can help you:
- Teach your dog to be content on his own whilst you spend time with your baby
- Look at your home and decide where safe spaces can be made for your dog and your baby
- Help you guide your growing baby toward safe behaviour around your dog
If your dog’s behaviour is a worry to you, don’t leave it any longer. If you are concerned about your children’s safety around dogs, I can help.
Prices: £50 per one hour family session (plus .45p/mi beyond 10mi from Haxby, York)